Writing a novel or book can be a lifechanging experience.
Writing a novel or book can be a lifechanging experience. Fact or fiction, it takes tremendous time, energy and creativity to accomplish this endeavour. Writers can enhance their work by paying close attention to their writing style. Writing that is concise and focused will be much more attractive to the reader. When using descriptive words such as adjectives and adverbs a single word, le mot juste, is more effective than multiple mediocre choices.
Consistency in character, events, timeline and plot are also necessary for successful storytelling. When choosing content, remove anything that doesn’t serve the plot. As Anton Chekhov (Russian playwright) so rightly states ‘If there is a rifle hanging on the wall in Act 1, it must be fired in the next Act. Otherwise, it has no business being there.’
Equally, when devising a plot or a character, ensure that each develops and concludes within the reader’s reasonable expectations. Otherwise, the plot or character loses authenticity and the reader will disengage. So, no last-minute superpowers!
Call me to discuss your requirements in detail
Our Approach & What to Expect
1. To get started, you first need to send me a sample of your work. This should be no longer than 500 words and submitted as an MSWord Document.
2. I will then provide a quote, which will be dependent on the word count of the overall document and the amount of work needed (e.g. level of completion, quality of English, number of words involved)
3. If you are happy with the quote, then you will need to send me the complete document, again in MSWord format, to [email protected] website.
4. At the same time you will need to pay the non-refundable full amount of the quote ( in British pounds sterling) via a BACS transfer to my bank account ( details will be provided once you upload your document to [email protected] )
5. I will then contact you via the same email with an overview of your document and any helpful hints or guidance as to how it can be improved.
6. We will then be able to discuss this via telephone or email before I begin to do the detailed editing and proofreading of your document.
7. Once the document has been proofread and edited, I will send you a Tracked Changes copy, so that you can see any changes that have been made. I will also send you a Clean copy, which will be ready for submission/ publication.
Good luck and I look forward to working with you!
The Red Quill
"Absolutely Excellent Service"
Sue J. Daniels, Fiction & Trauma Author
"Couldn't have submitted my dissertation without this service"
Martin Maddox (Engineering Student)
"I'm so glad I decided to use this service, it's so easy to get lost in your own words. You need an independent expert eye before any submission, ever."
Tilly Bambridge (Journalist Student)
"Proof reading is a must, it's like prevention rather than cure. So glad I opted for this lady. She is brilliant and has taught me so much."
Edward Parkes (Web Content Writer)